To Mel…our faithful dog… You will be missed. We love you.
Dan Geneaux, “so long friend…”
Uncle Bill, “See you on the other side.”
Well, hope is an anchor and love is a ship:
Time is the ocean an' life is a trip.
You don't know where you're goin' till you know where you're at,
And if you can't read the stars, well, you better have a map:
A compass and a conscience so you don't get lost at sea,
Around some old lonely island where no one wants to be.
Time is the ocean an' life is a trip.
You don't know where you're goin' till you know where you're at,
And if you can't read the stars, well, you better have a map:
A compass and a conscience so you don't get lost at sea,
Around some old lonely island where no one wants to be.
From the beginning of creation, I think our Maker had plan,
For us to leave these shores and sail beyond the sand.
An' let the Good Light guide us through the waves and the wind,
To the beaches in a world where we have never been.
And we'll climb up on the mountain, y'all: we'll let our voices ring,
When those who've never tried it, they'll be the first to sing.
For us to leave these shores and sail beyond the sand.
An' let the Good Light guide us through the waves and the wind,
To the beaches in a world where we have never been.
And we'll climb up on the mountain, y'all: we'll let our voices ring,
When those who've never tried it, they'll be the first to sing.
Whoa, my, my:
I'll see you on the other side if I make it.
And it might be a long hard ride but I'm gonna take it.
Sometimes it seems that I don't have a prayer:
I let the weather take me anywhere,
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold,
'Cause you'll be there.
I'll see you on the other side if I make it.
And it might be a long hard ride but I'm gonna take it.
Sometimes it seems that I don't have a prayer:
I let the weather take me anywhere,
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold,
'Cause you'll be there.
Well, you don't bring nothin' with you here and you can't take nothin' back.
I ain't never seen a hearse with a luggage rack.
So I've torn my knees up prayin', scarred my back from fallin' down.
Spent so much time flyin' high, till I'm face first in the ground.
So if you're up there watchin' me, would you talk to God and say:
Tell him I might need a hand to see you ”all” some day.
I ain't never seen a hearse with a luggage rack.
So I've torn my knees up prayin', scarred my back from fallin' down.
Spent so much time flyin' high, till I'm face first in the ground.
So if you're up there watchin' me, would you talk to God and say:
Tell him I might need a hand to see you ”all” some day.
Oh, my, my:
So I'll see you on the other side if I make it.
And it might be a long hard ride but I wanna take it.
Sometimes it seems that I don't have a prayer:
I let the weather take me anywhere,
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold,
'Cause you'll be there. (You'll be there.)
Oh, my, my.
'Cause you'll be there. (You'll be there.)
So I'll see you on the other side if I make it.
And it might be a long hard ride but I wanna take it.
Sometimes it seems that I don't have a prayer:
I let the weather take me anywhere,
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold,
'Cause you'll be there. (You'll be there.)
Oh, my, my.
'Cause you'll be there. (You'll be there.)
…and Stu and Caroline, sorry you couldn’t make it this trip but we will plan another just for you guys. You will see that Grand Canyon another time.
It is that time of year again. We’ve packed, readied the bike, and picked up some friends this year for a tour out to California and back. (God willing, of course… – you know me by now.)
Bill and Janet Pfeil, and Ed and I are traveling together this year. We plan to see the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Alcatraz, wine country and Pikes Peak. (Not necessarily in that order.) Janet and Bill plan to visit St. Louis on the way home and we may try to visit Hannibal, Missouri so I can see The Mark Twain, Boyhood Home and Museum. I don’t even know what is going on yet. These plans were in the making for a while but they keep changing often so who know where we may end up. That just remains to be seen.
Ed and I will be traveling on our ‘08 Goldwing and The Pfeil’s (pronounced File) will be in their brand new Jeep Liberty with …………… air conditioning. As we travel through the desert, I will be growling and snaring at the two happy travelers in their air-conditioned jeep.
The older I get the more I am afraid to travel in the heat. It is apparent that is happening to me this year as we prepare for vacation. For example, I told Janet the other day that I hope her air conditioning breaks while we are driving through the desert. She then gave me that famous puppy dog look of hers. I started to feel bad and then she proceeded to smack me “upside the head.” She gave me one heck of a right cross and immediately followed up with a left jab. I deserved it though. This kind of attitude is not “me.” I never say stuff like that to anyone. I wouldn’t wish that evil upon my worst enemy so why did that come out of my mouth? It is anxiety plain and simple. It had to come out of me one way or another and it slipped out so fast I couldn’t get it back in to my mouth. I’m sorry I am just feeling the anxiety and am downright afraid of that kind of hot weather. Ed and I usually go up north for vacations so I don’t worry about 90 degree plus weather. NOW I AM FREAKING OUT… Sorry Jandora, that attitude was uncalled for and I will make it up to you …. after my bruises heal…. He he he,… yikes!!!
Wish us well ……………”weather” or not you think we’ll need it. He he he he…

No comments:
Post a Comment